These chunky pecan cookies are SUPER easy to make and go hand in hand with our Vanilla Pecan Praline Crunch ice cream - lockdown weekend activity sorted!
Have a go and tag us in your creations @oppobrothers.
Chunky Pecan Cookies
PECAN COOKIES (9 Servings)
- 250g - Vegan butter
- 1 Vegan egg replacer (or 1 egg)
- 1 tbsp - Plant-based yoghurt
- 4 tbsp - Maple syrup
- 2 cups - Self-raising flour (or buckwheat flour if GF)
- 1 cup - Coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup - Pecans (chopped)
- 1 tsp - Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tub of Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline Crunch ice cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, then leave to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar and maple syrup to the bowl of butter and mix with a hand mixer, slowly add the egg replacer (or egg), plain yoghurt and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet mixture and beat at a low speed.
- Fold in the pecan nuts.
- Cover the dough and put in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out into equal size balls and press down gently with your fingers. Place a few inches apart on the baking tray as the cookies will spread in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool, serve with a few scoops of Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline Crunch ice cream (perhaps even making a cookie ice cream sandwich) and enjoy your #GoodTemptation
Love, Team Oppo x
Recipe & Imagery - @weareraye / weareraye.com & @naturally.b / naturallybrit.com